Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Slow Cooker Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

I got this delicious recipe from the gal at A Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures. I tweaked a couple things to work with what I had in my cupboards, but the recipe is pretty true to the original! If you have time, check out her other recipes. Just about everything I have tried on her site has been wonderful. Even her non-vegetarian stuff is awesome. (I've been frequenting her site since my pre-veggie days) :-)



Ingredients:
5 Peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed (I used a mix of green, red, yellow, and orange peppers)
1/2 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup uncooked white rice, cooked according to package directions
1 large tomato, chopped
5 oz. chopped spinach, thawed, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 jar Marinara Sauce (I used Barilla Marinara...yum!)

Directions:


The directions are quite simple!

-Spray your slow cooker with some non stick cooking spray.

-Mix together all the ingredients in a big bowl, except the peppers and marinara sauce

-Take the filling you just made and stuff those peppers with as much filling as those bad boys will hold

-Arrange in your slow cooker, standing up, the amount you are able to fit will depend on the size slow cooker you have.  I was able to fit 5 (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 2 green) in mine, and I had a little bit of filling leftover.  No problem I ate it up straight and it was delicious! Lol!

-Pour marinara sauce over the tops of the peppers and around it.  You may save some to put on your peppers when serving

-Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours (what I did) or HIGH for 3 hours


Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers



Tried to remove some of the sauce to show the filling. My photography skills are lacking...lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment